How To Break In A Clay Pipe
Different pipes require different levels of care, and a clay pipe is definitely unique. You have to make sure that you take the time to learn how to break in your new pipe so that you can get more life out of it down the road. The right introduction can create a much longer lasting relationship, much like in the world of dating. If you're new to the world of smoking, or even just new to clay pipes, it can be hard to know what to do.
Clay Pipe tips to help:
- Clay pipes actually don't require a "break-in period" like wooden pipes do. These pipes are actually quite enjoyable right from the start so add your favorite tobacco and get to smoking.
- The cake that is required for a lot of pipes to smoke well isn't necessary with clay pipes. It will build up over time, probably, but you don't need it to enjoy a good smoke.
- You can actually smoke an entire bowl of tobacco with this pipe and you don't have to wait as long between uses as you do with wood pipes, provided that you're at least following the instructions that came with the pipe.
- These pipes are cheaper than wood and because of their construction, don't need the seasoning or resting time that a lot of pipes do.
- The material doesn't have a flammable issue so if you smoke too hot or aren't careful about how you smoke, you're not going to risk damaging your pipe in the process.
- Clay usually has longer stems, which means that you won't have the problem with tongue bite or trying to learn how to smoke properly when you first get your pipe.
Breaking in a pipe is a tradition that stems from years of seasoning and helping wooden pipes to become great for smoking. A clay pipe is made of different materials, however, that are much easier to enjoy out of the box. Whether you're a first time smoker or just new to the world of clay, it's important to learn about your materials so that you can treat them well and get the lifespan that you deserve out of them.
There are so many different types of pipes out there today and clay definitely has a lot of benefits compared to other styles. You should check them out and see what they have to offer when you are looking to expand your collection or start pipe smoking.