How To Break In A Jobey Pipe
Breaking in a pipe doesn't take a lot of effort when you choose brands like Jobey. Of course, all pipe smokers think that they know best and will try to tell you how to take care of your pipe and break it in. The fact of the matter is that you need to check the manufacturer's guidelines, if there are any, so that you at least follow their rules, if nothing else. Every pipe is different, but you can make sure that you get more out of your pipes and turn them into great smokers when you keep the following general tips in mind.
- The cake will buildup on its own. A lot of people have a habit of wanting to coat the bowl to help the coating build up faster, but that's not necessary. If you let it happen naturally you will have a better smoke when it does occur.
- You should always give your pipe a day to rest between smokes. This gets it used to being used and allows the wood to rest and cool down properly so that it can handle being lit again.
- Make sure that you don't puff too short or fast. This will cause the tobacco to burn hot and cause the pipe to deteriorate faster. Slow, deep puffs are best for the life of a pipe.
- Clean your pipe after every single use, following the manufacturer's instructions that came with the pipe (if they're available). If you don't have cleaning instructions, they aren't hard to find.
- Keep your pipe from getting wet because it is made with materials that could be damaged by water. That's going to break it before you even break it in if you aren't careful.
- The bowl should be less than half full for the first 5-10 smokes. You should also try to smoke it completely. This will get the pipe ready for bigger smokes and allow you to get used to pipe smoking, too.
Take Your Time
There are a lot of steps and tips to caring for a smoking pipe and it might be a bit overwhelming at first. However, as long as you take the time to keep these tips in mind, you will have a much easier time making your pipe into a great smoking companion. Just remember that it doesn't take much but it does take a little time and care to turn a new pipe into an old friend.
Get your Jobey!